Colours that are used and/or underlined as part of the image track.
- Can provide additional information to the audience
- Can underline the context (ex: cold colours = hard situation, warm colours = easy situations)
- Can dictate, guide or underline the sound design and overall sonic atmosphere
- By extension, the offscreen space will be affected as well as onscreen space
- Any sudden change in colours might result in the interpretation of a change in situation
Related inductor effect: Narrative