Testimony provided by every sound to the spatial circumstances of its production.
The sound of both John Malkovitch and his resident can be easily identifiable from their spatial signature in “Being John Malkovitch”
- Alter every aspects of the sound physical nature (dead to live ratio, frequency range, volume, etc…)
- Depends greatly on the point of audition
- Can be manipulated in post production
- Basis of identification when a sound occur offscreen
- Also provides spatial cues of its surrounding through reverberation and resonance
Related inductor effect: Point of audition; Room tone; Reverberation